Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: The Program

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    The Program

    I was watching the movie lastnight. I got to thinking about that stadium and the conference that they played in. I was wondering if anyone might know one or both. I'm wanting to say the staduim was South Carolinas and the conference that was in was the ACC (since they had to be GT to be conf champs). But anyways if anyones please post.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Program

    I think you may be right. Thinking back about the stadium, it is set up similar to the one in Columbia.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Program

    i am pretty sure it is soca's field. and they were ESU, so your probally right in the assumption about their conference.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_kydawg95's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Program

    It's Nc State's Field the statue gives it away!
    free like OJ all day

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Program

    I thought it was soca's because of all the landscaping around the field,
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2004
    Posts
    325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Program

    You're right, they filmed ESU's home games at South Carolina's Stadium. I had a roomate in college who was at one of South Carolina's games and he said they filmed the games during halftime of USC's football games since the crowd was already there. I don't believe that ESU was affiliated with any conference since they played Georgia Tech, Mississippi State, Iowa, and Michigan all during the regular season.
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Program

    Did you know that Robert D Raiford, from John Boy and Billy, is the dean of the school in that movie.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Program

    Hmm I thought for sure they said if they won the last game which wasagainst GT that they would win the confernce and get a bowl bid. But then again I could be wrong about that. But thanks for the info.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Program

    yeah ur right, they had to beat Ga Tech to go to a bowl game, and be conference champs...oh well its only a movie.

    do you think they will ever come out with a dvd that shows the footage of the guys laying in the road that got cut out of the movie?
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Program

    That would be sweet if they did. The Program is one of my all time favs. Be nice if they came out with some anniversay dvd lol. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Oh well I can atleast dream.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •